The media management extension DAM is no longer supported in TYPO3 6.2 LTS, the functionality will be replaced by the new file abstraction layer – FAL. The challenge is to migrate the existing DAM structures to FAL without losing any data and file relations.
Caution: the following tasks must be run AFTER the migration to TYPO3 6.2 LTS (and with all DAM and related extensions uninstalled)
- Install the extension “dam_falmigration” and “filemetadata” via TER
- Create a backend user with the username “_cli_lowlevel”. This user is required for running the migration tasks via command line.
- Update the FAL file references via the scheduler task “FAL Update storage index” – this will add all your existing media resources to the FAL index.
Now switch to the command line and run the command line tasks of “dam_falmigration” as described here:
./typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh extbase dammigration:migratedamrecords
I’m not sure, which tasks are exactly needed, in our migration process, we simply ran them all in the same order as described in the link above. If you are using “tt_news” it is important to run the option “dammigration:migratedamttnews”, otherwise it is not necessary.
- Switch to Scheduler, add and run the two scheduled tasks for converting media captions and link captions once
Check your content elements and frontend – migration of DAM to FAL is done now and all files and references in standard content element should be migrated correctly.
Migrating tt_news with DAM to tt_news with FAL
- Execute all necessary steps of extension “dam_falmigration” (see part one)
- Install the extension “fal_ttnews” via TER. This extensions extends tt_news to use FAL as media management. Check your news records – all DAM references should now be available as FAL records
Add the following Typoscript configuration to replace rendering of media resources in tt_news
includeLibs.imageMarkerFunc = EXT:fal_ttnews/imageMarkerFunc.php plugin.tt_news.imageMarkerFunc = user_imageMarkerFunc includeLibs.displayFileLinks = EXT:fal_ttnews/displayFileLinks.php plugin.tt_news.displayFileLinks = user_displayFileLinks
Feel free to add your comments and experiences here.
I will not offer any support and i will be not responsible for any problems or damage on your site caused by the provided information – use it at your own risk!